Welcome to our family website, Love Alone Creates. I created it shortly following Sarah’s birth and the new diagnosis of Apert Syndrome. The website initially featured only a simple blog and has now blossomed into an informational site about Apert Syndrome (which is intended for families searching to network with us and other similar families) that can assist the reader in navigating the often difficult-to-comprehend aspect of this rare genetic anomaly; in addition, we feature a Book Reviews section and an author page, as well. Please browse, peruse, and feel free to contact us with any questions, comments or general feedback. We welcome you and value your opinions and feelings. We hope this site is helpful to you on your unique journey. Thanks for visiting!
My book, From Grief to Grace: The Journey from Tragedy to Triumph, was published last year by Sophia Institute and is available through my webstore.
In the book, you will discover:
- the difference between grief and depression;
- when and how to get help if complicated grief sets in;
- some life events that trigger grief;
- six spiritual principles to guide you from pain to peace, including humility of heart, abandonment to divine providence, holy indifference, confidence in God’s timing, the dark night of the soul, and the wound of the heart;
- divine mercy and forgiveness;
- the blessing of redemptive suffering;
- a father’s perspective on grief;
- an end-of-life commentary;
- and meditations on the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary, the Seven Sorrows of Mary, and the Stations of the Cross.
Love Alone Creates – The Sarah Ewing Story
Featured Blog Posts
Dearest friends, This will be my last blog post for LoveAloneCreates. It has been a fruitful and, at times, dizzying journey these past 5 years. When I first started this website, it was a simple [...]
As women, we have all felt the sting of betrayal. We've all been jaded after the girlish innocence fades away. We've been hurt, perhaps even abused. We bear guilt and shame upon our hearts as [...]
I don't get to watch TV very often, and truthfully I am embarrassed to admit that many of the radio interviews I've been featured on I'd never heard of before I was asked to participate! [...]