Welcome to our family website, Love Alone Creates. I created it shortly following Sarah’s birth and the new diagnosis of Apert Syndrome. The website initially featured only a simple blog and has now blossomed into an informational site about Apert Syndrome (which is intended for families searching to network with us and other similar families) that can assist the reader in navigating the often difficult-to-comprehend aspect of this rare genetic anomaly; in addition, we feature a Book Reviews section and an author page, as well. Please browse, peruse, and feel free to contact us with any questions, comments or general feedback. We welcome you and value your opinions and feelings. We hope this site is helpful to you on your unique journey. Thanks for visiting!
My book, From Grief to Grace: The Journey from Tragedy to Triumph, was published last year by Sophia Institute and is available through my webstore.
In the book, you will discover:
- the difference between grief and depression;
- when and how to get help if complicated grief sets in;
- some life events that trigger grief;
- six spiritual principles to guide you from pain to peace, including humility of heart, abandonment to divine providence, holy indifference, confidence in God’s timing, the dark night of the soul, and the wound of the heart;
- divine mercy and forgiveness;
- the blessing of redemptive suffering;
- a father’s perspective on grief;
- an end-of-life commentary;
- and meditations on the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary, the Seven Sorrows of Mary, and the Stations of the Cross.
Love Alone Creates – The Sarah Ewing Story
Featured Blog Posts
“I will bless the Lord who gives me counsel, who even at night directs my heart.” ~ Psalm 16 For decades I’ve called myself a morning person, an early bird. I am drawn to the [...]
Author Paul Thigpen begins this beautiful classic tome on the Blessed Mother, A Year With Mary: Daily Meditations on the Mother of God, with the timeless quote from St. Bernard of Clairvaux: "Of Mary, there [...]
I'm writing this on the infamous Black Friday. Even the name itself gives way to impending doom. It's the one day of year I purposefully avoid the shopping malls, restaurants, retailers, you name it. In [...]