Welcome to our family website, Love Alone Creates. I created it shortly following Sarah’s birth and the new diagnosis of Apert Syndrome. The website initially featured only a simple blog and has now blossomed into an informational site about Apert Syndrome (which is intended for families searching to network with us and other similar families) that can assist the reader in navigating the often difficult-to-comprehend aspect of this rare genetic anomaly; in addition, we feature a Book Reviews section and an author page, as well. Please browse, peruse, and feel free to contact us with any questions, comments or general feedback. We welcome you and value your opinions and feelings. We hope this site is helpful to you on your unique journey. Thanks for visiting!
My book, From Grief to Grace: The Journey from Tragedy to Triumph, was published last year by Sophia Institute and is available through my webstore.
In the book, you will discover:
- the difference between grief and depression;
- when and how to get help if complicated grief sets in;
- some life events that trigger grief;
- six spiritual principles to guide you from pain to peace, including humility of heart, abandonment to divine providence, holy indifference, confidence in God’s timing, the dark night of the soul, and the wound of the heart;
- divine mercy and forgiveness;
- the blessing of redemptive suffering;
- a father’s perspective on grief;
- an end-of-life commentary;
- and meditations on the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary, the Seven Sorrows of Mary, and the Stations of the Cross.
Love Alone Creates – The Sarah Ewing Story
Featured Blog Posts
***I would like to introduce to you Kris, who started topcoloringpages.net and wanted to share his story about fatherhood and how/why he created this website for families with small children. He has been generous enough [...]
**Note**I wrote this during Lent and before our recent move out of town. I believe the principles still apply to our everyday lives, regardless of season or time. A recent Lenten homily spoke to my [...]
I've had the honor of knowing Catholic author Jean Heimann for a couple of years. Her books are honest, thought-provoking, and deeply inspiring. She herself is a faithful woman, one who is gentle, deeply prayerful, [...]